Wednesday 29 July 2009

Can NATO win the war in Afghanistan?

Well, I say "NO!"

On 19 July 2009, I participated as an audience member for a political media debate for Press TV on NATO war in Afghanistan. It was a stimulating debate between panelists Mohammad Asif (President of the Scottish Afghani Society), Chris Nineham (Stop the War Coalition), Charlie Wolf (American journalist/broadcaster), Colonel Mike Dewer (military analyst). This debate was chaired by MP Derek Conway who held back the two division of speakers very well.

Scroll to 31.25 for my question to the panelist regaring civilian safety particularly women and children who become targetted in protected UN institutionalised safe holds. My question was not answered very well, and was only attempted by the Colonel labelling that "the reality of war is that people will die...". Collateral damage is an unjustifiable excuse.



The full debate can be viewed on:
http://www.presstv.ir/programs/detail.aspx?sectionid=3510511

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hhmm..Hi sist...
I'm Indonesian people...
Do you remember me...
I'm Your friend in Facebook :)

I'm in a college of Social Work called STKS Bandung Indonesia...
In here is study Social Work practice, I hope I can discuss about anything in CSR

Best Regards from Bocahbancar