Monday 17 November 2008

London WILPF Meeting

Monday 17th November 2008

My first time attending a London WILPF meeting, and I was very surprised that we were discussing for 3 hours.

The main discussion on the agenda was action points to be taken after the "Voices of African Women" seminars and how to implement suggestions into our campaign. We all agreed the event was a marvellous success, considering that the women now want to extend WILPF branches into Sudan and Nigeria.

The main points I initiated were related to the AGM for 2009. I stressed that members were not aware that WILPF had active working groups and needed to promote these so we have more people helping with massive bulks of research. After being made co-coordinator of vaw, I felt it was my duty to address these issues. We really only have 5 people in the group and we are doing too much.
Instead of having dead workshops with no action in the AGM, each of us will have presentations of what each working group does and give other members the chance to participate.

My suggestions went through. Now, time to get my group tightened and fixed!

No comments: