Wednesday 19 November 2008

Meeting Vijay Mehta

Saturday 29th November 2008

It was a great honour for Vijay to accept me into his team after meeting me just once at his previous London seminar. To know that someone could see potential beyond my enthusiasm and basic knowledge made me feel like I could accomplish anything.

Vijay only has two other people in the team doing so much for the organisation. I was appointed (after some general discussion) to be Action for UN Renewal's 'Campaigns Officer'. My duty will be to disperse future events as widely as possible, produce publications, gain media contact and reorganising the website. The profile of the organisation is my responsibility, so I need to give the organisation a face-lift.
It is an extremely exciting role and I know I will be gaining rich skills and experience which hopefully will land me with a paid permanent role like planned. I've already dived into advertising Vijay's visit to Scotland to as many contacts as possible.

Watch this space!

No comments: