Monday 23 June 2008

The Guardian


Tuesday 17th June 2008

I was invited by The Guardian newspaper to present a speech about WILPF at the London Graduate Fair as part of an interview panel.

The session was called "Making the most of your gap year: Volunteering and developing your skills set". My outlook was mainly to drive at how important it is to volunteer during studies and create networks to help progress one's future career. Also, you don't have to go abroad to have a great experience. By volunteering at home, you not only save money but network locally and use your skills within your own area for development and progress, and of course, you will still be learning.

It was very nice to be asked by The Guardian to participate. I would like to thank Melanie from SOAS for putting me forward for the panel, for having faith in my ambition and ability.

No comments: