Wednesday 16 June 2010

Metro newspaper



As part of my summer fundraising initiative, I have been working for Metro at the Associated Newspaper London head office. Metro is Britain’s third largest newspaper, and the paper is distributed for free at stations every weekday morning. Throughout my education, I have studied media and actively taken part in broadcast media and editing, and it is very interesting to be working in one of the biggest newspaper associations in the country.  I currently work for the distribution team, and I would like to kindly thank the team for making feel a part of their group.
The Associated Newspaper London headquarters has quite an impressive interior with its large, super high glass ceiling, spiral staircase, a fountain that flows against black marble, massive lips to sit on, and the glorious koi pond which I walk by every day into the Metro office. When colleagues learned that I was training in diplomacy, the comment was often that this was an office with no diplomatic tact whatsoever. It is quite an... interesting experience to say the least. Below is a link to a short video of where I worked at Metro.
In the next few days, I will begin my journey in Morocco to study at the Al-Akhawayn UniversityUnited Nations in New York. These trips would not have been possible without the support of a few individuals. I would like to give massive thanks to Edwin, Bhavna, Professor Nourallah, Izzy, Abdalhamid, Tanvir, Bunmi, The Gilbert Murray Trust, and importantly Anthony for all the support each and everyone one of them have given me. I would also like to thank all my friends, colleagues and family for providing me well wishes, and having so much faith in me and my work.
Thank you all, and please do follow my progress on this website.

1 comment:

Bhavna Wadhera said...

You're welcome my dear - now go do all the wonderful things in the world that I know you can! Bhavna x