Sunday 13 June 2010

Personal Empowerment


As part of the ‘personal empowerment’ seminar, I was invited by the Human Culture Collective to speak about “maximising one’s image through social media strategies”. This was an opportunity to discuss how far this blog has taken me and how I was able to build a personal brand through extremely cost-efficient ways. The seminar was held at Birkbeck University. I was quite astounded with just how big the audience was. At least 40 people had shown up.
I was the first speaker to open up about brand social media, followed Sidney Sanni discussing the world of self-publishing, and finally a video presentation by Julene Siddique. While there were many concerns about issues of privacy and online identity, my discussion was primarily focus on how to broaden one’s horizon through blogs, Facebook, twitter and other social mediums.
I would like to thank the Human Culture Collective for the promotion of this event and the success we had achieved on that night.
If you would like a copy of my presentation, please do leave a comment.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

would love a copy of your presentation sis!