Thursday 7 January 2010

Art of Diplomacy

2010 will sure be an exciting year for me. As of 18th January 2010, I will begin my Masters in Diplomatic Studies at University of Westminster. This course, offered by the Diplomatic Academy of London (DAL), develops conceptual understanding of the practices and procedures of modern diplomacy, and enhances the ability to work effectively within the diplomatic community. I will be studying amongst diplomats and officials of various overseas ministerial departments, members of international and regional organisations, and staff of non-governmental organisations and multinational corporations. Therefore I will most certainly use this as a networking advantage.

Furhermore, as a home student, I have been incredibly lucky to be awarded the DAL full scholarship, which pays for my Masters. I was incredibly shocked to find that this scholarship is awarded to two students per year; one for September starters and one for January starters, which means I am the only one from my year with this award.

My 2010 post will probably be featuring how this degree is going for, however I will also be attending international conferences in cultural diplomacy and hopefully be accepted in the United Nations as an intern at the New York office this Summer.

No comments: